RF & Microwave Industry News

ANADIGICS announces GaAs Labs has matched $0.54 per share offer

ANADIGICS Inc. announced that affiliates of GaAs Labs LLC delivered to the company a proposed further amendment to the previously announced November 11, 2015 agreement and plan of merger pursuant to which GaAs Labs offered to acquire all of the outstanding shares of ANADIGICS common stock on a fully diluted basis for $0.35  net in cash, pursuant to an all-cash tender offer and second-step merger, which amendment, among other things, increases the per-share offer price to $0.54.

Read More

Spectrum releases new streaming system with continuous data up to 3 GB/s

For applications requiring extended electronic waveform acquisition and generation, Spectrum has announced a new storage system that works with their PC-based digitizer and generator cards to dramatically increase possible recording and replay times. The new system can be used with any of Spectrum's M2i, M3i or M4i series of PCIe digitizer or waveform generator cards and delivers data storage sizes from 1 to 32 TB with full support for continuous data streaming at rates up to 3 GB/s.

Read More

Peraso releases WiGig chipset to production

The Peraso W110 chipset is targeted for WiGig® applications and includes the PRS1125 direct conversion 60 GHz RFIC and the PRS4001 baseband IC to implement the necessary functionality in the next generation IEEE 802.11ad standard for Wi-Fi networks. Incorporating a USB 3.0 system interface, the W110 chipset is ideally suited for adapters and peripherals which are expected to play a vital role as the WiGig® ecosystem continues to develop in 2016.

Read More

TowerJazz announces new interoperable process design kit for Keysight ADS

TowerJazz, the global specialty foundry leader, announced that TowerJazz Panasonic Semiconductor Co. (TPSCo), working with Keysight Technologies, has developed an Advanced Design System (ADS) interoperable PDK (process design kit), as well as a calibrated Momentum module deck on TPSCo's advanced 65nm RF CMOS platform to allow mutual customers to improve design efficiency and realize first time to market. 

Read More