4G/5G/Cellular Channel - Wireless News, Products & Content

EU project MiWaveS launched to develop future 5G cellular mobile networks

5G/Massive MIMO

CEA-Leti announced that a consortium of 15 leading telecommunications operators, vendors, research centers and academic institutions have launched “MiWaveS” (Millimeter-Wave Small Cell Access and Backhauling), a European collaborative project whose goal is to develop millimeter-wave (mmW) key radio technologies to provide multi-Gbps data rates to future 5G cellular mobile networks users. 

Read More

Timing is Everything - NIWeek 2014

Although I have heard a lot about NIWeek in previous years, this was my first time attending the event. It was like a mini-IMS but with a lot of fun displays and demos ranging from robots to UAVs to rockets. The science enabled by NI hardware and software is amazing and this conference attracts a huge community of thousands of engineers and scientists from around the world. Read my review of the event including links to photos and videos.

Read More

Nutaq Announces 5G Massive MIMO Partnership with Université de Sherbrooke

Nutaq announced today a 5G Massive MIMO focused partnership with Dr Sebastien Roy at the Université de Sherbrooke. The collaboration with Professor Roy and his team will provide wireless developers wishing to exploit the “massive effect” with a reference design comprised of baseband array processing algorithms which can easily scale with the large number of channels required for Massive MIMO applications.

Read More